- Follow HEY, IT'S PAT RYAN'S BLOG! on WordPress.com
- Admirable Writing
- American Values
- Civil Liberties
- Civil Rights
- Effective Communication
- Gun Control
- Intellectual Dishonesty
- Media Criticism
- Space Exploration
- That's Life
- Woeful Journalism
- 1,934,759 hits
- 3-and come full circle with bullpen (Qualls) giving up 3-run homer (Trout) #2015prognostication #Igottabadfeeling aboutthis 18 hours ago
- 2-and then ground into 6-4-3 DP to end inning tied #2015prognostication; then new reliever executes textbook kick-save #nowthatsnew #nowave! 18 hours ago
- 1-#Astros act like big leaguers: take walk, load bases, SAC to deep right to tie game late, put go-ahead run on 3rd #2015prognostication 18 hours ago
- #Astros left 2 in scoring position in 5th; woulda been skunked in inning if not for speed/hustle of...Chris Carter? #2015prognostication 18 hours ago
- Game moving fast until kid next 2 me starts yelling "psych" on every/single/play; strangely, not having desired effect #2015prognostication 19 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2009
On this day of giving, please accept a wonderful Garrison Keillor piece that I read in today’s Houston Chronicle. Christmas angel found in unexpected place You can almost see the Hudson…
It snowed here today!
Them what knows say it’s the earliest in the season it’s ever snowed in Houston, and the first time it’s ever snowed here two winters in a row. I believe that: it’s probably snowed fewer than a dozen times in the more than 40 years I’ve lived here.
The TV news freaked out, of course, although credit where credit is due: this snowfall was forecast five days ago, so it really shouldn’t have been a surprise. But you know there’s always someone who didn’t get the message.
What happened to our global warming? Continue reading