- Follow HEY, IT'S PAT RYAN'S BLOG! on WordPress.com
- Admirable Writing
- American Values
- Civil Liberties
- Civil Rights
- Effective Communication
- Gun Control
- Intellectual Dishonesty
- Media Criticism
- Space Exploration
- That's Life
- Woeful Journalism
- 1,934,531 hits
- RT @robdelaney: Whether the pilot was Muslim or suffered depression (or both) [or neither] it's critical we blame Muslims & the mentally il… 1 day ago
- RT @StationCDRKelly: Destin and I @smartereveryday made me smarter. Check out his YouTube interview. #YearInSpace http://t.co/L5HIJZIZCH 4 days ago
- RT @daveweigel: #BanBorowitz http://t.co/Smr3cjIzVN 6 days ago
- @HoustonRockets Never underestimate the heart of a champion! 1 week ago
- RT @DosEquis: He has the luck of the Irish, the Latvians, the Congolese and the majority of South Pacific Islanders. #StPatricksDay http://… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: December 2009
On this day of giving, please accept a wonderful Garrison Keillor piece that I read in today’s Houston Chronicle. Christmas angel found in unexpected place You can almost see the Hudson…
It snowed here today!
Them what knows say it’s the earliest in the season it’s ever snowed in Houston, and the first time it’s ever snowed here two winters in a row. I believe that: it’s probably snowed fewer than a dozen times in the more than 40 years I’ve lived here.
The TV news freaked out, of course, although credit where credit is due: this snowfall was forecast five days ago, so it really shouldn’t have been a surprise. But you know there’s always someone who didn’t get the message.
What happened to our global warming? Continue reading