- Follow HEY, IT'S PAT RYAN'S BLOG! on WordPress.com
- Admirable Writing
- American Values
- Civil Liberties
- Civil Rights
- Effective Communication
- Gun Control
- Intellectual Dishonesty
- Media Criticism
- Space Exploration
- That's Life
- Woeful Journalism
- 1,935,791 hits
- ISIS beheads women for "sorcery" latimes.com/world/middleea… How very 12th century of you 3 days ago
- Correction: triple from @BulldogBeing; huge man with 4 triples! 3 days ago
- @TeamCJCorrea hits triple 2 slopey patch in deep deep center, CF falls down: I pronounce "That's fun!" #Tal'sHillLives #2015prognostication 3 days ago
- ...and they missed seeing George Springer bean a cow #2015prognostication http://t.co/PUa2LYFsqX 3 days ago
- 1st observation: defining characteristic of #MMP is not Tal's Hill, but thousands of fans dressed as empty seats #2015prognostication 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2009
On this day of giving, please accept a wonderful Garrison Keillor piece that I read in today’s Houston Chronicle. Christmas angel found in unexpected place You can almost see the Hudson…
It snowed here today!
Them what knows say it’s the earliest in the season it’s ever snowed in Houston, and the first time it’s ever snowed here two winters in a row. I believe that: it’s probably snowed fewer than a dozen times in the more than 40 years I’ve lived here.
The TV news freaked out, of course, although credit where credit is due: this snowfall was forecast five days ago, so it really shouldn’t have been a surprise. But you know there’s always someone who didn’t get the message.
What happened to our global warming? Continue reading