I just thought I’d check in to see how things are going with you. Some of us have gotten a little curious because we haven’t heard much of anything from you in a while now and we started to wonder what was going on. I mean, if you say you’re going to write a blog, it is customary to actually write something from time to time. You know, something to make the customers realize that you’re not stone dead, or ignoring them, or “too busy with work and other things” to be bothered keeping up with your commitments. C’mon, just six damn posts in the last four months? What’s the deal?
I mean, fercryingoutloud, in just the last few months you’ve passed up the chance to say something about:
- Hobby Lobby’s argument that a business’ religious freedom (say what?) trumps a requirement to obey the law;
- the whole Omigod-did-you-hear-what-Phil-Robertson-said-I-think-he-may-be-a-racist-as-well-as-a-redneck! thing; and
- the more recent report that Americans, bless their hearts, refuse to believe scientific facts that prove inconvenient.
You’ve sort of led people to believe that you cared about civil liberties and the whole gay marriage thing, or were at least interested in the subject, but when
- more courts tossed out state gay marriage bans, and one court even exposed the corrupt tactics of the anti-gay activists, and
- Arizona lawmakers tried to make it OK for businesses to refuse service to homosexuals on religious grounds, and
- Disney stood up to the Boy Scouts over BSA’s ban against gay scout leaders,
you observe radio silence. I mean, you gotta understand why the people would at least wonder if you’ve given up, or converted or something.
You even let this great picture on Twitter go by without any acknowledgement!
So anyway, I’d just like to say I hope you get your shit together and try to be a little more regular contributor in this space, or the owners may start thinking seriously about changing the name up there at the top of the page.
3 thoughts on “Dear Pat Ryan,”
I like! 🙂
We are standing by.
That is a really good tip particularly to those fresh
to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Many
thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!